West Lindsey District Council has been given reassurance that the Central Lincolnshire Local Plan can be adopted on-time.
As previously reported The Central Lincolnshire Local Plan is a partnership between the City of Lincoln, West Lindsey District Council, North Kesteven District Council and Lincolnshire County Council.
Confidence on the process has been given to the council, following a joint internal audit report. It states: ‘The local plan project is on track and we assess current arrangements as effective for maximising the chance of producing an adoptable local plan by 2016.’
The news has been welcomed by Cllr Giles McNeill, Chairman of the Governance and Audit Committee at the council. He said:
“The findings are extremely positive especially as we are just weeks away from the final round of public consultation. The audit confirms that the governance of the local plan recognises the vigorous process of checks and measures that are in place. It is crucial that we ensure that the partnership between the different authorities involved in producing the plan is effective.
“Local communities have different needs and expectations; the quantity of evidence that has to be agreed to inform the plan is enormous.
“Bringing this all together to create a single shared vision and joint plan that will shape development in our area over the next two decades is a challenge – but this audit confirms to us, and to all those served by the other local authorities involved, that it is being managed in a professional and appropriate way.”
The role of the local plan is to:
- Identify the correct level of growth and to plan for where this will be.
- Suitable locations have been identified and the next draft local plan will propose where these should be, based upon evidence. It will show proposed land allocations so you can clearly identify what kind of development will take place and where.
- Included in the consultation will be an Infrastructure Plan that will identify how things like roads, medical and education provision will be provided in future.
Chairman of the Joint Planning committee, Cllr. Jeff Summers, said:
“It’s important that everyone has an opportunity to shape the future of Central Lincolnshire and engaging in the consultation process is a key part of this. Whether you are a parish council, local resident, an employer or developer – whatever your connection – we want to hear from you.”
Consultation on the local plan will take place on the following dates and locations:
- October 6 – 10am to 8pm – Old Gainsborough Standard Office, Market Place, Gainsborough
- October 8 – 2pm to 8pm – Festival Hall, Market Rasen
- October 13 – 2pm to 8pm – Town Hall, Caistor
Keep a regular eye on www.central-lincs.org.uk or call 01522 881188/ 01529 414155 email firstname.lastname@example.org