Nettleham Parish Council has decided not to pursue obtaining the Linelands site on All Saints Lane in Nettleham following the authority’s meeting on Thursday, 21st June 2012.
A suggestion had been presented to the Council, in April, by Mr. John Mathers of Community Lincs, that a Community Land Trust scheme might be one way of ensuring that the Linelands site remains in use as a care facility.
Section 79 of the Housing and Regeneration Act 2008 defines a Community Land Trust as:
- is established for the express purpose of furthering the social, economic and environmental interests of a local community by acquiring and managing land and other assets in order
- to provide a benefit to the local community;
- to ensure that the assets are not sold or developed except in a manner which the trust’s members think benefits the local community.
- is established under arrangements which are expressly designed to ensure that:
- any profits from its activities will be used to benefit the local community (otherwise than by being paid directly to members);
- individuals who live or work in the specified area have the opportunity to become members of the trust (whether or not others can also become members);
- the members of a trust control it.